Combine nature with local vineyards
This unique mountain in Catalonia is located just outside the gorgeous wine region Penedès. A perfect combination for a day trip!
The Mediterranean wine region ‘Penedès’ is most famous for its Cava (Spanish sparkling wine!) but is also home to delicious reds and whites. We find historic wine estates, located in ''Masias'' (farmhouses) and others in stylish, modern properties.
Our visit includes a tour of the monastery highlights and basilica, peculiar stories and legends about 'La Moreneta', a black Virgin Mary that the monks have kept in their temple for centuries. I will include a simple hike where we can enjoy the amazing views and there will be some time to stroll the farmer's market with cheeses, honey, and other local products.
We will combine this magical place with a visit to a winery. Learning about the steps of Spanish wine-making and a tasting of the final product.
You can either choose a small family-run bodega or we can visit one of the leaders in Cava making.
At your hotel
2 - 6 per guide
English, Dutch, Spanish, Norwegian
Meeting point: At your hotel
Or any preferred location in the city, airport pick up on request
About a 1-hour drive from Barcelona
Winery visit + tasting
Visit a winery of choice, a small family-run bodega or one of the modern and impressive leaders in Cava making
About a 50-minute drive to Montserrat
2-hour visit at Montserrat:
Benedictine monastery with la Moreneta
Easy hike that can be extended
About a 1.5-hour drive back to the city
8-hour day trip
Including fuel and parking
2-hour visit + wine tasting
Bottle of water per person
Extra hour at Montserrat
Extra costs are € 45 in total
Lunch break at a special spot
Price for lunch excluded
Extra costs are € 10 per seat
Extra costs are € 7 per person + € 7 for the guide
Extra costs are € 13 per person + € 13 for the guide
Extra costs are € 11,50 per person + € 11,50 for the guide
To visit the optional activities
Food & drinks
Marit was excellent. She responded to my online questions swiftly. She was an excellent host, very friendly, very knowledgable, flexible and fun. Her English is perfect and I would 100% recommend her. We will use her again if and when we are back in Barcelona
Reserve this excursion with Marit with complete confidence. She provided prompt correspondence with our questions prior to the day of the event, showed up on time and personalized the entire day based on our needs. She obviously knows and loves the region, we had a perfect day.
We highly recommend an outing with Marit. Today we had a full day Montserrat & Wine Private Tour. My daughters and I had a great time.
Marit was wonderful, nice and gave us very good and useful information
Marit was very professional. She picked us up on time and took us on a lovely private vineyard tour and wine tasting. Then we journeyed on to Montserrat Monastery. She was very informative and warm. We would recommend her as a guide.
Marit catered our tour to our desires and the whole experience was awesome. She was knowledgeable, personable and outgoing and we would, without hesitation recommend her to anyone. She knows Barcelona intimately!
Frequently asked questions
- How are the tour prices determined?
- As all experiences are private, most of the costs are fixed and a part might depend on the number of people in the group. That’s why the bigger the group size, the lower the price per person. You will see the changes in the price if you change the number of people for a tour.
- Are the tours private?
- Yes, all the tours by Marit are private tours. Meaning you will be with your group only.
- Do I need travel insurance?
- While travel insurance is not required, I highly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy prior to departure. La Vida Barcelona does not offer travel insurance, and cannot be held responsible in case of damage or accidents. If you do purchase travel insurance, please review your policy carefully for specific terms and conditions.
- How do I book the tour?
- Every tour has a booking button, this will lead you to select a date and preferred time. You will receive an information email regarding availability and further procedure to book the tour. At any time before the booking, you can change the date and start time.
- What to wear on this trip?
- It is recommended to wear comfortable (sport) shoes and in low season you might want to dress a bit warmer since it can be colder than Barcelona
- With which means of transportation do we travel?
- We will have a comfortable private car with airconditioning
- What is the meeting point?
- At your hotel is where we will meet at the start of this tour. Or any preferred location in the city, airport pick up on request