An amazing, mystic mountain
Besides all the beauty Barcelona has to offer, the region Catalunya is also filled with amazing sights to discover. One of those places is the mystical Montserrat, ‘Saw Mountain’. Its unique location makes it a wonderful place to visit, especially if you are a nature lover.
Our visit includes a tour of the Santa Maria de Montserrat Monastery highlights and basilica, peculiar stories and legends about 'La Moreneta', a black Virgin Mary that the monks have kept in their temple for centuries.
I will include a simple hike where we can enjoy the amazing views and there will be some time to discover the farmer's market with cheeses, honey, and other local products.
Depending on the day we can see the boys from ‘Escolania de Montserrat’, a religious music school with one of the oldest Boys Choirs in Europe.
At your hotel
2 - 6 per guide
English, Dutch, Spanish, Norwegian
Meeting point: At your hotel
Or any preferred location in the city, airport pick up on request
About a 1-hour drive from Barcelona
2,5 hours visit at Montserrat:
Benedictine monastery with la Moreneta
Sant Miguel viewpoint (easy hike that can be extended)
Drop off at any preferred location in Barcelona
Half day trip of 5 hours
Including fuel and parking
A bottle of water per person
Extra hour at Montserrat
Extra costs are € 45 in total
Extra costs are € 10 per seat
Extra costs are € 7 per person + € 7 for the guide
Extra costs are € 13 per person + € 13 for the guide
Extra costs are € 11,50 per person + € 11,50 for the guide
To visit the optional activities
Food & drinks
Except for one bottle of water per person
Reserve this excursion with Marit with complete confidence. She provided prompt correspondence with our questions prior to the day of the event, showed up on time and personalized the entire day based on our needs. She obviously knows and loves the region, we had a perfect day.
Marit was very professional. She picked us up on time and took us on a lovely private vineyard tour and wine tasting. Then we journeyed on to Montserrat Monastery. She was very informative and warm. We would recommend her as a guide.
Marit was excellent. She responded to my online questions swiftly. She was an excellent host, very friendly, very knowledgable, flexible and fun. Her English is perfect and I would 100% recommend her. We will use her again if and when we are back in Barcelona
Marit was wonderful, nice and gave us very good and useful information
Maritt is an amazing guide. We are a bilingual family (dutch-english) and Maritt speaks these 2 languages perfectly. We have 2 young boys of 7 and 4 years old and Maritt tailored the tour to them, making them straight away comfortable. They felt in love with her :-).
Frequently asked questions
- Are the tours private?
- Yes, all the tours by Marit are private tours. Meaning you will be with your group only.
- Do I need travel insurance?
- While travel insurance is not required, I highly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy prior to departure. La Vida Barcelona does not offer travel insurance, and cannot be held responsible in case of damage or accidents. If you do purchase travel insurance, please review your policy carefully for specific terms and conditions.
- How do I book the tour?
- Every tour has a booking button, this will lead you to select a date and preferred time. You will receive an information email regarding availability and further procedure to book the tour. At any time before the booking, you can change the date and start time.
- How are the tour prices determined?
- As all experiences are private, most of the costs are fixed and a part might depend on the number of people in the group. That’s why the bigger the group size, the lower the price per person. You will see the changes in the price if you change the number of people for a tour.
- With which means of transport do we travel?
- We will have a comfortable private car with airconditioning
- What to wear on this trip?
- It is recommended to wear comfortable (sport) shoes and in low season you might want to dress a bit warmer since it can be colder than Barcelona
- What is the meeting point?
- At your hotel is where we will meet at the start of this tour. Or any preferred location in the city, airport pick up on request